Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

XP Install Fails: Installation Failed: E\I386\ASMS. Error Message.

Windows XP Support

Old 19-12-2007

XP Install Fails: Installation Failed: E\I386\ASMS. Error Message.

When I am trying to install XP, then Windows will copy files and then restart and then start the actualy installation but immediately fails with this message "An error has been encountered that prevents setup from continuing. One of the components that windows needs to continue setup could not be installed. The parameter is incorrect."

After checking the Log file I get the below error:

Fatal Error
Installation Failed: E\I386\ASMS. Error Message. The Parameter is Incorrect.

Any ideas? Thanks

Old 19-12-2007

RE: XP Install Fails: Installation Failed: E\I386\ASMS. Error Message.

The error that you are getting is always caused by a bad burn or a damaged copy of the Windows XP setup disk. Check the below article on "How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs, and replace product manuals":

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246
Old 19-12-2007

RE: XP Install Fails: Installation Failed: E\I386\ASMS. Error Mess

Thanks but how do you know that it is not the media?
Old 13-05-2008

I found this post which was very useful since it solved my problem. I was also getting the same error and I was thinking that it could be the CD but that was just a guess and I needed a confirmation for same.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: