Thread: Installing files for East Asian Languages without CD-ROM

Installing files for East Asian Languages without CD-ROM

I am looking for some help in installing language on my Windows XP PC. I am here using the XP installation cd. I am using Windows XP Home Edition here. I tried doing the same through control panel > regional and language settings. There I can find a option to provide the location for languages files .But when I try to do the same I am getting no respond. While the cd cover states that there is language pack available in the same.

Re: Installing files for East Asian Languages without CD-ROM

You can do that manually also. You can download the pack directly from web and install it in your system. There is no need to use the cd. Just go in the official website of Microsoft and search for the language files. That's all. It is a typical installation files which are easy to install. You can collect ample of language packs from the windows update also.

The language files are located inside C:\Windows\i386. You can simply browse manually for the language and then click on the suitable files. If your CD is not having the language pack then it will not work. So it is necessary that there must be files present in the cd. Installing that maunaully by downloading it directly from web is a good way of fixing the problem.

You may also be surprised to find the files in "C:\i386". It all depends on the distributor...

Hope that helps.

I had this same problem. Managed to install these files however by initially browsing to C:\Windows\Options\I386\Lang\CPLEXE.EX_ , it will then start the install but will then shortly after stop again and ask for the disc, re-browse back to C:\Windows\Options\I386\Lang and click ok and this should then finish the installation process.

Once you have then selected all The Regional language Settings for the desired language, i.e.- Keyboard requirements etc, restart the computer and your good to go !! ;-)