Thread: Is there a printer queue limit per windows 2003 server?

Is there a printer queue limit per windows 2003 server?

What is the printer queue limit on Windows 2003 Server. I am having around 2 printers in the network. Everyday several people uses it. I am getting complain from some users about the print. So I want to know the printer queue limit here. Or I can simply ignore the same. Because till yet we are not getting any problem. Is there any utility available that can tell me or provide me more information on the same.

It mostly depend on the registry settings. There is not really a limit I think. I think the printer will also accept high number of pages. It will be only delayed due to printing speeds. That's all. To some extent this might also depend on the printer memory. You can check out the printer documents to collect more information on printer queue. That will be much more helpful in fixing the problem you are facing.

Re: Is there a printer queue limit per windows 2003 server?

Dear Alan,

I am also receiving this kind of problem we dont have any printer server we are using windows server 2003 standard edition & Epson line printer some times print queue indicates that the printer is out of paper, the print queue start filling the buffer of printer queue, may be after 5000 prints it stops the server and put the server in internal error due to low resources is there any solution for this problem or tell us the limit of prints in windows server 2003

Best Regards
    Syed Umair

Quote Originally Posted by Syed Umair View Post
    Dear Alan,

I am also receiving this kind of problem we dont have any printer server we are using windows server 2003 standard edition & Epson line printer some times print queue indicates that the printer is out of paper, the print queue start filling the buffer of printer queue, may be after 5000 prints it stops the server and put the server in internal error due to low resources is there any solution for this problem or tell us the limit of prints in windows server 2003

Best Regards
    Syed Umair
    I think that there is only disk quota, but this software (amongst others) will allow you to control quota: http://www.printerpeer.com/. Other than that Microsoft "refuses" to add native print quota support. I use Print Manager Plus (PMP) which isn't free but won't really break the bank either (plus if you get your SMT on side it will pay for itself).

Quote Originally Posted by einstein_007 View Post
    I think that there is only disk quota, but this software (amongst others) will allow you to control quota: http://www.printerpeer.com/. Other than that Microsoft "refuses" to add native print quota support. I use Print Manager Plus (PMP) which isn't free but won't really break the bank either (plus if you get your SMT on side it will pay for itself).
    Dear how can I delete old print jobs automatically after 2 or 3 days. is there any procedure or software to delete all print jobs after 2 to 3 days? please suggest me.

Thanking You
    Syed Umair