Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can't Access Internet Options

Windows XP Support

Old 14-12-2007

Can't Access Internet Options

I am running Windows XP with SP2 and Internet Explorer 7. If I choose tools > internet options in IE7 then I am getting this error message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". It just started for some reason and I am not able to restore my access? Any ideas?

Old 14-12-2007

Re: Can't Access Internet Options

Download a software called Remove Restrictions Tool by searching it on the net. It will be able to solve the issue for you.
Old 14-12-2007

Open Registry Editor and then search for the NoBrowserOptions and remove it. It will be located in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions. Also check the startup of your computer by going to Start > Run > MSCONFIG > Startup tab for any unknown items, if there is then reset on restart.
Old 14-12-2007

Thanks for the reply. I followed the first step by downloading that tool which didnt work, but after following the second fix the problem seems to have been resolved. Thanks

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: