Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Duplicate Applicaton Icons in Windows Taskbar

Windows XP Support

Old 13-12-2007

Duplicate Applicaton Icons in Windows Taskbar

Windows update automatically did some security updates yesterday in my Windows XP system. After that it asked for a restart. After the restart, I noticed an additional toolbar that was added to the Windows Taskbar that duplicates the icons for open files and applications. If I right click on the taskbar and go to toolbars then no additional toolbar shows up. The active ones are language bar and quick launch which I have always had checked. Can anyone tell me how to remove the duplicate toolbar in the Windows Taskbar? Thanks.

Old 13-12-2007

Re: Duplicate Applicaton Icons in Windows Taskbar

Downloa the Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! from the below link:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
Old 27-12-2007

You can also try to solve this issue by going into the Registry editor, follow the below steps:
  1. First of all right click taskbar and uncheck "Lock the Taskbar" and then restart computer.
  2. Now you have to click small vertical dotted border of unwanted toolbar and drug it up to Desktop and then delete it.
  3. After that relock taskbar.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: