Thread: Windows xp starts loading then loses video signal

Windows xp starts loading then loses video signal

help!my desktop was working fine then tried to setup wireless network-after plugging in usb adapter it lost all video-tried reboot get partway thru xp logo screen signal is lost-tried booting in safe mode nothing-so tried in vga mode and i get my desktop but no icons mouse taskmanager and windows key dosent work-also it flashes on screen error loading newdev.dll and a rundall error says iertutil.dll not found-so im wondering how bad i screwed up

Re: Windows xp starts loading then loses video signal

The error is related to hardware fault and you had by mistake destroyed some important Windows file. Because of this reason the windows is not able to boot. When the windows start, press Ctrl + Alt + Del on the blank desktop. See that you can manage to get Task Manager. In Task Manager click on File > New and type cmd. In the dos windows type, sfc /scannow. If it ask for Windows disk provide the same. Another option is trying to run system restore. Second restart the system and press F8 to get Windows Safe mode menu. In that select Choose Last Good known configuration and restart. If this does not work you will need to re-install Windows.