Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can't enable standby

Windows XP Support

Old 09-12-2007

Can't enable standby

This is my very old desktop running with Windows XP SP2, P3 processor and 128MB RAM. Don?t know why there is no Standby option in this system. I have seen on other computers it can be enabled from the Power Options under Control Panel. I went to their and changed the settings but still it wont appear. I tried searching web and found a guys saying Standby can be enabled from BIOS settings as well.

Mine is Award modular bios version 2.01. As I have never done this before I don?t know what settings I need to do here in BIOS. So can anyone help me with the same? Many thanks.

Old 09-12-2007

RE: Can't enable standby

When we click on Turn Off button in Start Menu, we use to get few options such as Hybernate, Restart, Turn Off and Standby. Do you see ?Standby? option here? Is it grayed out? If it is there and grayed out then you just need to install or update the graphics / VGA driver on your system and it will be enabled itself.

You can get the VGA driver from your mobo CD or you can also download it from the web.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,