Thread: Cdudf_xp failed to load error

Cdudf_xp failed to load error

I have a Windows XP system since past 6 months and never had any problem with the same. Recently I installed Easy Creator 5 due to some important reason and just after few minutes my system crashed for the first time since I bought it. After that in next two hours I received blue screen 2 times. So I am sure it was Easy Creator 5 creating the issue, hence I removed it from control panel. But surprisingly I am still facing the problem.

I thought to repair the system using my XP installation disc but don’t know why it is not reading the CD any more. I booted the system in normal mode, went to Event viewer and found an error saying:

"The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    cdudf_xp"

Now I don’t have any idea what to do. Hope anyone from here can help me getting rid of this annoying issue. Many Thanks.

Re: Cdudf_xp failed to load error

What i can suggest you is open Registry Editor and do a search for cdudf_xp. If you find it simply delete it. It will be better if create a restore point before doing this.

By the way, as you said the problem started after installing Easy Creator, why dont you simply try restoring the system to any earlier working restore point? I think the problem will be fixed.

Thanks for the help buddy. I did the things as you said. I created a restore point, opened Registry Editor and searched for that particular file. while searching for the same the file it came up under folder Search Asst. Then folder ACMRU, then folder 5603. As you said i deleted them all and rebooted the system.

But yet the same problem? Now what ? Should i put that that file back to those folders?

The reason why you still getting that error is because there use to be multiple cdudf_xp files. How many of them you deleted? I am sure you might have left many more entries of the same and hence you getting the same problem. Hence go back to Registry and then click * find next * ( under edit ) , enter , and repeat till it stops hunting . Delete them all. Probably the error will be gone.