Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Vendio "Search Settings" Script is running

Windows XP Support

Old 07-12-2007

Vendio "Search Settings" Script is running

Some days back I installed some shareware, that also unknown to me installed a program from Vendio Services Inc. called SearchSettings.exe. It was some weird program that could change my default browser search engine to yahoo, it was continuously running and would change it immediately after I changed it back to google. In any case, I have removed this program but now every time I click on my computer, the control panel, or other system related icons, it runs a script trying to configure my search settings. I need to cancel many times in order to even get trough the My computer icon. Actually, it is searching for the program that I deleted. I am not able to find the program online, to reinstall and uninstall. So, is there anyone who has some idea where this script could be running or how to find it and delete it? Thanks.

Old 07-12-2007

Re: Vendio "Search Settings" Script is running

Can you click on the start menu and then go to system tools and there you might be able to find an icon to run IE with no add-ins. Incase that is working for you, then you can use the tools menu, "Manage Add-ons" to remove that.
Old 07-12-2007

Re: Vendio "Search Settings" Script is running

Thanks for the solution, it worked for me instantly.
Old 15-08-2008

had the same problem

I think that it must be listed in the Add or Remove program, just check for any program named with Toolbar in the end and then uninstall it.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,