Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

XP hangs on Applying Computer settings

Windows XP Support

Old 06-12-2007

XP hangs on Applying Computer settings

I have a Lenovo laptop running with Windows XP Pro. This is my official laptop which I use at office as well on Domain and at home also. Now the problem I am facing with the same is when I boot it in my Office connected with the network, it boots fine within a minute. But when I take it off of the network and boot it takes about 15 to 17 minutes to pass the ?Applying Computer Settings" screen.?

Again if I connect it to network, it boots fine. I have no idea what could be causing this delay. Even dint found anything related to this on web. DO anyone of you faced such problems ever? How to fix it?

Old 06-12-2007

RE: XP hangs on Applying Computer settings

Do you have any mapped drive on your laptop? Check into My Computer, at Tools menu, "Map Network Drives", you probably have a check in the box for 'reconnect at logon'. If it is check, uncheck and try rebooting. Let me know the results.
Old 06-12-2007

RE: XP hangs on Applying Computer settings

Thanks for the help attempt Mauricio but i dont have any mapped drive on my system. Even the check box you said at My Computer > Tools menu > "Map Network Drives" is unchecked.

Now what?

HenrikK

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: