Thread: atimcenc.dll cause explorer.exe crashes

atimcenc.dll cause explorer.exe crashes

I need some help on my Windows XP PC. It is crashing constantly. I am using Windows XP Home on my Gateway Laptop. I am having a graphic card also. I was just updating some new drivers here. After the update Windows Explorer is crashing a number of time. I went inside Event Viewer and found a file which was associated with the crash. The file is atimcenc.dll. Can anyone provide me information on the same. How to fix it.

Re: atimcenc.dll cause explorer.exe crarashes

Try to remove the driver then and test back. You can run system restore first. It will wipe out the old application and restore the settings. It is quiet better. You can also go in Safe mode and remove any existing driver installed. I am sure this will be more safer compare to any other stuff. Try to remove and reboot your pc and then post here what other error you are getting.

Re: atimcenc.dll cause explorer.exe crarashes

The problem lies with ATI Multimedia Center. I am giving you a link of solution that will help you to troubleshoot ATI Multimedia center. There is a downloadable fix available that can guide you for fixing the problem. Just try this out and reboot your pc. The problem will be resolved.

Troubleshoot a problem with ATI Multimedia Center

atimcenc.dll ERROR Causes Explorer to Crash

I recently have had the same problem as you. I'm running an XP machine with an ATI Radeon 9550. I contacted ATI, and they said most likely OS drivers were n ot up to date? So I updated ALL my drivers, and even uninstalled the ATI CControl and re-installed it, with no joy. I disabled my firewall (BlackIce) and tried again, still get the error. I have since contacted ATI, and heard nothing back yet. How did you fix your problem? Or have you fixed it yet? I too have looked on the internet, and all I seem to find are your posts, hehe.

Fixed: atmcenc.dll explorer crash

been upgrading from my old nvidia card and bought a new ati HD2600, ever since i've been facing this silly problem, the solution is very simple, u wont believe it guys, but it worked for me, just rename the damn file (atimcenc.dll) to something else or just delete it!!! yea, i know sounds like a nooby solution but it WORKS!!!