Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Driver error: Cannot create a file when that file already exists

Windows XP Support

Old 06-12-2007

Driver error: Cannot create a file when that file already exists

I am using a HP LaserJet 1300 printer. When I try to install the driver I am getting a error at the end. The error is "Cannot create a file when that file already exists". I had tried re-installing the driver a number of time but still it is not working. The printer completely fails to work. Even after giving print everything lies under queue. I am using Windows XP here. I had just added this printer hoping that this would be working really well.

Old 21-03-2013

Re: Driver error: Cannot create a file when that file already exists

Go to control panel and click on Add/remove. Look for the hp printer in the same and try to remove it. Try to clean it completely so no files associated to the printer is left. You can also run some registry cleaner type of software which will clear out the pending entries of the printer. Later on get a fresh copy of driver and add that back in your system and test it.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,