Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Disable Laptop Standby When Closing Lid

Windows XP Support

Old 04-12-2007

Disable Laptop Standby When Closing Lid

I recently I bought a new HP Laptop for presentation work. Now there could be any member of my group who can use this laptop to carry on the presentations but I have created only one user account due to security reasons. Now the problem I am facing is if someone close the lid of the laptop or it goes to stand by, while coming back it asks for password which I don?t want to share with anyone.

So I wanted to know if there is any way I can disable the password promptafter coming back from standby or if someone closed the lid? If yes, please let me know how? I tried doing it my self but dint found any settings regarding the same in its BIOS. My system is Windows XP SP2.

Old 04-12-2007

RE: Disable Laptop Standby When Closing Lid

As far as i know Windows itself has the option to disable standby in XP. Did you tried that? Apart from this let me tell you that each laptop manufacturer have their own way to determine what the closing of the laptop lid triggers. How is the same for your HP lapto? Is it the same as pressing the power button? Anyways, just open Control Panel, click Power Options and disable Standby mode.
Old 04-12-2007

RE: Disable Laptop Standby When Closing Lid

There is a simple way to disable password prompt when computer resumes from sleep or standby. Just go to Control Panel's Power Options and change the settings if you do not wish a password after resume from Standby. Isn't it easy?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , ,