Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

HP Photosmart C8180 wireless problems

Windows XP Support

Old 04-12-2007

HP Photosmart C8180 wireless problems

I have got the above HP printer and having some problem with it in Windows XP with SP2 system through wireless router, with printer uninstalling itself, when checked in device manager it is disabled, there is also loss of inbox drivers and printer disappearing completely from Control Panel after restart. There is also an issue with svchost.exe process associaed with HPSLPSVC.dll and the cpu usage spiking upto 50%. I tried to update the drivers using the XP universal driver set instead of the HP drivers from the install CD and it lets the printer to remain available, but now printing is very slow with almost 15 minutes delays to print one page document. Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue? Thanks

Old 08-12-2007

Re: HP Photosmart C8180 wireless problems

I think that the "HPSLPSVC" looks to be some sort of network printer discovery service, that scans your network periodically for compatible printers. You can try to fix this issue. Just stop and start the "HP Network Devices Support" service, which lowers the CPU usage for the service to almost zero until the next system restart. After that stop the "HP Network Devices Support" service, and set it to "Manual". It will prevent the service from starting at boot time.
Old 11-12-2007

Re: HP Photosmart C8180 wireless problems

Could you please tell me how to actually perform the fixes that you have given me? Thanks
Old 17-01-2008

Follow the below steps:
  1. First of all click on Start Menu -> Run
  2. After that type in "services.msc"
  3. Now try to scroll down the list of services for the "HP Network Devices Support" service, and double-click on it
  4. Lastly you have to set "Startup Time" to "Manual"

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: