Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error Message: IM32FAX.DIL Not Found

Windows XP Support

Old 29-11-2007

Error Message: IM32FAX.DIL Not Found

I cannot say whether this is an XP error message or it its related to the Lexmark printer that I am having and I am not able to find any solution on the net for it as well. I have used System Restore twice and removed the printer software but it didnt work. I can get the printer to working, but the error appears everytime I turn on my pc? Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks

Old 29-11-2007

I think that something is starting when you boot up which is trying to load this file. Have you tried to uninstall any printer or fax application before you started to restore your computer and reinstall this printer? At the time of reinstalling the printer, have you tried to reinstall the fax software as well? You will need to go to control panel and then add or remove programs and check if there are any application listed there that looks like a fax application?
Old 08-09-2009

Re: Error Message: IM32FAX.DIL Not Found

I am having the same problem as above. Idid what you said and what is checked is: normal startup-load all device drives and services.
Not checked: diagnostic startup-load basic devices and service only.
Also: selective startup.

So, I'm not sure what to look for.
Old 11-10-2009

Re: Error Message: IM32FAX.DIL Not Found

This appears to be due to an error in the Lexmark install program. I found im32fax.di_ in the "Fax" folder on my Lexmark CD. Copy it to your hard drive and double click it. Choose "Select the program from a list" and browse to extrac32.exe in your "Windows\system32" folder. Run it, and move the resulting im32fax.dil file to "Program Files\Lexmark..." and the error message goes away.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,