Thread: intrusion with ccCommon pop-up

intrusion with ccCommon pop-up

Something has went wrong with my Windows XP SP2 system. Whenever I try to open any Office application like MS Excel, Access, or Word, I use to get Windows Installer Pop saying “Preparing to install”. After few seconds I get another pop saying “Please wait while Windows configures ccCommon.”

It remains for a minute on the screen and then I get the following error message:
    “the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM insert the ccCommon disk and click OK”

I need to click on “Cancel” button for more than 10 times and then finally I can access the Office application. This happens every time I start WORD, excel or any office program. Can anyone please tell me what is ‘ccCommon’ and how can I get rid of this annoying error message? Many Thanks.

Re: intrusion with ccCommon pop-up

I guess you recently installed Norton Security on your system right? Because ccCommon is part of Norton. And this error occurs when you have not installed Norton properly or probably the installation is damaged. In such cases the links to open the doc are trying to call what's not quite there anymore. Hence the simplest fix is to remove norton completely from the system using MS CLeanup Utility and then re-install it again.

Re: intrusion with ccCommon pop-up

Hello Keithh,

ccCommon comes with Symantec products, like Norton Antivirus.I dont think re-installing is going to fix the problem. You must uninstall it and go for some another antivirus.