Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

IIS Install fails staxmem.dll

Windows XP Support

Old 23-04-2005

IIS Install fails staxmem.dll

On my XP system I getting a problem with staxmem.dll. I do not understand how this issue appeared so instantly. I tried to search staxmem.dll but not able to locate the file. I am getting a issue with the same. I tried to locate the file inside Windows XP but still it does not look to be working well. I tried a number of stuff but still nothing worked. I am not willing to format your pc because that can create issue with the backup.

Old 23-04-2005

Re: IIS Install fails staxmem.dll

The file lies inside Systemroot\ServicePackFiles\i386. the file lies inside the same that you can replace and the error will be resolved. You can simply check the startup or ensure that some recently installed application might be causing the issue. Just re-install the same. The last thing you can do is simply run a repair setup of windows using installation cd. And I am sure that will be quiet more helpful.
Old 17-01-2008

Want a Quick cure for failed Installation IIS -staxmem.dll

The real fast cure

I?ve run into something that does solve your problem.
Go to start -> run and type in ?esentutl /p %windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb?
without the quotation marks.

After this run the IIS setup again. You will be requested to insert Windows XP professional CD.
Everything should be ok now; at least it was for dozens of topic responders.
I hope it also does for you. Have your Windows XP professional CD Ready.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,