Thread: status disk? status.msi

status disk? status.msi

It is my Windows XP desktop that gives me this error on every boot up

“insert the 'status' disk and click ok”

I don’t have any idea what is Status disk and whom this error is related to. Can anyone help?

I think you should check the CD key because i doubt there is still WGA reading old counterfeit code. Another cause could your printer if it is HP. There would be any problem with HP Status Monitor hence you should re-install its software. Before re-installing it will be good if you do clean uninstall first and then re-install it back.

Also when the error pop ups next time, don’t close it. Insert your HP software CD and click browse on the error window. There should be an icon with name Status. If it is there click on the same and the error should disappear from now onwards.

Re: status disk? status.msi

A BIG thank you for this solution. Put the HP install CD in and guided the browse selection to the STATUS.MSI file.
    Thank you again. Was driving me crazy.

heres an easy fix for win7 vista and xp users i have just found out!! you don't have to uninstall or install anything!
    just press start click on the search then type run then click on it (xp users just click start tun) then type in "msconfig" (without quotes") then click on the tab called startup then check off all the things that have hp at the beginning of it example "hpsysdvr application" or "hp digital imaging" anything that has hp at the start of it then once thats done restart then BAM! no more annoying status.msi popups!! if it doesn't work then i am sorry but it sure worked for me!

hi,, this msconfig soln is just gr8..i was struggling with this loop,,thanx!!!

yea no problem although i accidentally misspelled run (tun) but i hope people get what i mean :P

This was the BEST advice I've ever found on how to fix a computer problem quickly. All that I had to do was find my HP original CD and I actually uninstalled the program and once I was done, the message finally went away. All was well. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

With regard to the status disk error and hp software, I have found an even simpler and thus more elegant solution. Don't bother waiting for the popup; just restart your system, and while it's restarting, slip the hp disk into your cd drive. The popup will never show, and from then on you'll be free of the hassle.