Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

"file containing system's registry data had to be recovered" - PC

Windows XP Support

Old 21-11-2007

"file containing system's registry data had to be recovered" - PC

I am getting error One of the files containing the system's registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful on my pc. It was working fine and suddenly this error started. It appear everytime when I start the pc. I think this is some kind of critical issue. I went on web and searched about system registry. It is an important component if damaged I will not be able to boot my system properly. Can anyone help me here to deal with the issue.

Old 21-11-2007

RE: "file containing system's registry data had to be recovered" - PC

It is a error that states your system registry is corrupt. It is essential that you must simply use windows cd to replace the it. It is a serious bug that can cause major failure in your system if you did not fixed it. Try system restore first. I am sure that will help you to some extent. You can also run a repair setup to fix the issue. But do not ignore the same. Running a repair setup will be easier for you.
Old 29-11-2007

Yes run a repair setup. That is the best way to fix the issue. Just boot your cd from Windows XP installation disc and then hit R. I will take some time. The repair process is not so complicated. But if this does not then you will need to install windows xp back again. Before your system gets damaged backup your data. You can move with troubleshooting later on.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,