Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Folder Options - View Tab

Windows XP Support


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 15-11-2007
Peter
 
Posts: n/a
Folder Options - View Tab

When I go into Control Panel then Folder Options one of the tabs at the
top of that screen should be "View" but that tab is now missing on at
least three of my PCs.

I know the View tab used to be there because I've used it but it's gone
now. Since this has happened on at least three of my PCs I assume it's
not an isolated fluke but rather something I caused. But I have no idea
what I may have done or how it happened. No luck so far searching on
Google.

I'm running WinXP Pro SP2 with the latest updates. I have no idea how
long ago this problem started.

Any clues appreciated.

Peter
--

**Remove Xs to reply by e-mail**

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15-11-2007
Mark L. Ferguson
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Folder Options - View Tab

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
see line 368

--
Mark L. Ferguson
e-mail subject line must include "QZ" or it's deleted
..
"Peter" <XXpmpmpmXX@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:a3kmj3dpl10aio3p55s6ti7219moekm56s@4ax.com...
> When I go into Control Panel then Folder Options one of the tabs at the
> top of that screen should be "View" but that tab is now missing on at
> least three of my PCs.
>
> I know the View tab used to be there because I've used it but it's gone
> now. Since this has happened on at least three of my PCs I assume it's
> not an isolated fluke but rather something I caused. But I have no idea
> what I may have done or how it happened. No luck so far searching on
> Google.
>
> I'm running WinXP Pro SP2 with the latest updates. I have no idea how
> long ago this problem started.
>
> Any clues appreciated.
>
> Peter
> --
>
> **Remove Xs to reply by e-mail**



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 15-11-2007
Peter
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Folder Options - View Tab

Mark - Thanks for the tip but it did not fix the problem I'm having. Based
on the brief description of that registry fix it sounds like it's for
people who get an empty screen when they click the view tab. My problem
is that the view tab no longer exists. The tab is gone.

Peter

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:04:05 -0600, "Mark L. Ferguson"
<marfer_mvp@Yahoo.com> wrote:

>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>see line 368
>
>--
>Mark L. Ferguson
>e-mail subject line must include "QZ" or it's deleted
>.
>"Peter" <XXpmpmpmXX@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>news:a3kmj3dpl10aio3p55s6ti7219moekm56s@4ax.com...
>> When I go into Control Panel then Folder Options one of the tabs at the
>> top of that screen should be "View" but that tab is now missing on at
>> least three of my PCs.
>>
>> I know the View tab used to be there because I've used it but it's gone
>> now. Since this has happened on at least three of my PCs I assume it's
>> not an isolated fluke but rather something I caused. But I have no idea
>> what I may have done or how it happened. No luck so far searching on
>> Google.
>>
>> I'm running WinXP Pro SP2 with the latest updates. I have no idea how
>> long ago this problem started.
>>
>> Any clues appreciated.
>>
>> Peter
>> --
>>
>> **Remove Xs to reply by e-mail**

>

--

**Remove Xs to reply by e-mail**
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 15-11-2007
Claymore
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Folder Options - View Tab

On Nov 14, 3:55 pm, Peter <XXpmpmp...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Mark - Thanks for the tip but it did not fix the problem I'm having. Based
> on the brief description of that registry fix it sounds like it's for
> people who get an empty screen when they click the view tab. My problem
> is that the view tab no longer exists. The tab is gone.
>
> Peter
>
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:04:05 -0600, "Mark L. Ferguson"
>
>
>
>
>
> <marfer_...@Yahoo.com> wrote:
> >http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
> >see line 368

>
> >--
> >Mark L. Ferguson
> >e-mail subject line must include "QZ" or it's deleted
> >.
> >"Peter" <XXpmpmp...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> >news:a3kmj3dpl10aio3p55s6ti7219moekm56s@4ax.com...
> >> When I go into Control Panel then Folder Options one of the tabs at the
> >> top of that screen should be "View" but that tab is now missing on at
> >> least three of my PCs.

>
> >> I know the View tab used to be there because I've used it but it's gone
> >> now. Since this has happened on at least three of my PCs I assume it's
> >> not an isolated fluke but rather something I caused. But I have no idea
> >> what I may have done or how it happened. No luck so far searching on
> >> Google.

>
> >> I'm running WinXP Pro SP2 with the latest updates. I have no idea how
> >> long ago this problem started.

>
> >> Any clues appreciated.

>
> >> Peter
> >> --

>
> >> **Remove Xs to reply by e-mail**

>
> --
>
> **Remove Xs to reply by e-mail**- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


Hello Peter,

Try this:

Go to Start => Run and type in the following commands. Press Enter
after each one. There's a space before and after /i

regsvr32 /i browseui.dll
regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

Restart your computer.

or ...

If that doesn't work:

Copy the text below between the dotted lines, but not the dotted lines
themselves. Open Notepad and paste it in. Save the result in a
suitable location as tabs.reg - making sure that the default .txt
extension doesn't appear in the file name (Save as type = All Files).
Double-click on the saved .reg file to merge the contents.
Restart.

-------------------------------------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{EF8AD2D1-AE36-11D1-B2D2-006097DF8C11}]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B091E540-83E3-11CF-A713-0020AFD79762}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{EF8AD2D1-AE36-11D1-B2D2-006097DF8C11}]
@="Global Folder Settings"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{EF8AD2D1-AE36-11D1-
B2D2-006097DF8C11}\InProcServer32]
@=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,
00,74,00,25,\
00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,
00,62,00,72,00,\
6f,00,77,00,73,00,65,00,75,00,69,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,00,00
"ThreadingModel"="Both"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B091E540-83E3-11CF-A713-0020AFD79762}]
@="File Types Page"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B091E540-83E3-11CF-
A713-0020AFD79762}\InProcServer32]
@=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,
00,74,00,25,\
00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,
00,53,00,48,00,\
45,00,4c,00,4c,00,33,00,32,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,00,00
"ThreadingModel"="Apartment"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 15-11-2007
Iceman
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Folder Options - View Tab

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:55:16 -0500, Peter wrote in message
<news:31omj3l8bqbm1pv1h26liadgrk9khjgcui@4ax.com>:

> Mark - Thanks for the tip but it did not fix the problem I'm having. Based
> on the brief description of that registry fix it sounds like it's for
> people who get an empty screen when they click the view tab. My problem
> is that the view tab no longer exists. The tab is gone.


Here's something you could try:

Download the following file to your desktop and double-click to merge the
file into the registry. This should fix the Tab issue in Folder Options.

http://www.lprf.ca/files/folder_options_tab_fix.reg

NOTE: You may need to restart the computer for the changes to apply. Also
to view the file contents, simply right-click and select Edit.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 15-11-2007
Peter
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Folder Options - View Tab

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:26:56 -0800, Claymore <claymore@ontera.net> wrote:

>On Nov 14, 3:55 pm, Peter <XXpmpmp...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>> Mark - Thanks for the tip but it did not fix the problem I'm having. Based
>> on the brief description of that registry fix it sounds like it's for
>> people who get an empty screen when they click the view tab. My problem
>> is that the view tab no longer exists. The tab is gone.
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:04:05 -0600, "Mark L. Ferguson"
>>
>>
>> <marfer_...@Yahoo.com> wrote:
>> >http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>> >see line 368

>>
>> >--
>> >Mark L. Ferguson
>> >e-mail subject line must include "QZ" or it's deleted
>> >.
>> >"Peter" <XXpmpmp...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> >news:a3kmj3dpl10aio3p55s6ti7219moekm56s@4ax.com...
>> >> When I go into Control Panel then Folder Options one of the tabs at the
>> >> top of that screen should be "View" but that tab is now missing on at
>> >> least three of my PCs.

>>
>> >> I know the View tab used to be there because I've used it but it's gone
>> >> now. Since this has happened on at least three of my PCs I assume it's
>> >> not an isolated fluke but rather something I caused. But I have no idea
>> >> what I may have done or how it happened. No luck so far searching on
>> >> Google.

>>
>> >> I'm running WinXP Pro SP2 with the latest updates. I have no idea how
>> >> long ago this problem started.

>>
>> >> Any clues appreciated.

>>
>> >> Peter
>> >> --

>>
>> >> **Remove Xs to reply by e-mail**

>>
>> --
>>

>
>Hello Peter,
>
>Try this:
>
>Go to Start => Run and type in the following commands. Press Enter
>after each one. There's a space before and after /i
>
>regsvr32 /i browseui.dll
>regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
>
>Restart your computer.


Thanks. That worked!

Does the fact that this fixed the problem give you a clue as to what might
have caused the problem in the first place?

Peter
--

**Remove Xs to reply by e-mail**
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 15-11-2007
Ramesh, MS-MVP
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Folder Options - View Tab

Missing tabs in Folder Options dialog box in Windows XP:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/218/1/

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
Windows? Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com


"Peter" <XXpmpmpmXX@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:a3kmj3dpl10aio3p55s6ti7219moekm56s@4ax.com...
When I go into Control Panel then Folder Options one of the tabs at the
top of that screen should be "View" but that tab is now missing on at
least three of my PCs.

I know the View tab used to be there because I've used it but it's gone
now. Since this has happened on at least three of my PCs I assume it's
not an isolated fluke but rather something I caused. But I have no idea
what I may have done or how it happened. No luck so far searching on
Google.

I'm running WinXP Pro SP2 with the latest updates. I have no idea how
long ago this problem started.

Any clues appreciated.

Peter
--

**Remove Xs to reply by e-mail**
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Folder Options - View Tab"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
not getting list of options to create new folder, detail of any folder, in windows xp veeru4598 Operating Systems 2 17-02-2011 11:21 AM
Windows Explorer. View options. itags.org Operating Systems 1 10-08-2009 01:32 PM
Remove the folder options Wahib Tips & Tweaks 4 16-01-2009 11:17 AM
Folder Options Hidden Volodymyra Networking & Security 2 24-12-2008 12:47 PM
Custom folder view... folder.htt equivalent? blah Windows XP Support 1 24-02-2007 12:10 AM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:01 AM.