Thread: print job stuck in que for printer hp psc 1410 all in one printer

Print job stuck in que for printer hp psc 1410 all in one printer

I am using a HP printer. The model number is HP PSC 1410. It is configured on the lan network and it is shared. All workstations on the network can access the same. But somehow there is a problem with printer job. I found in morning that number of print job are stucked on the same. I tried to delete them but it is not going and now no one is able to print. What can be cause of the same. The printer is new and configuration is done by a network guy who is not available for 2 days. How can I fix this problem.

RE: print job stuck in que for printer hp psc 1410 all in one printer

This is because the document sent for printing is still in the memory. You have to check the first pc from where print was send. In that restart it and then go in the printer and delete the jobs. If still it is not working then turn of the printer for something and turn it back on. This will clear the printer memory and you will be able to use it again.

RE: print job stuck in que for printer hp psc 1410 all in one prin

Looks like problem with printer spooler service. You have to terminate the printer spooler service from all workstations. Tell everyone to restart their pc. Then try to wipe out the print job. It will work. Once you end the printer spooler service which you can do manually as well as by restarting the pc, the printer memory will be cleared. And then you can print back. There can be problem with printer configuration due to which you are getting issue.

You have to restart the printer spooler service. That will do the job I think. Now there is two way of doing the same. First you can simply reboot your system and second you can go in Administrative Tools > Services > Printer Spooler. Turn it off and on again. I think this would fix the issue. If this does not work then just disconnect the printer from lan and the attach it back again.

The problem you are facing here is because the documents are stucked in printer queue. Restarting printer spooler service must fix the job. Because that is the quickest way. But still if this does not work then go in printers and delete it. And again once the printer memory is cleared add it. I think some workstation in your network is facing problem with printer settings. Due to which the documents is not getting printer.

I think the document is not stucked. I had gone this problem a number of time. Here I am having a documents which is having more than 60 pages. Now it is a large file and the printer is configured on the lan. Now when I print the documents take a bit time to reach the printer. But it comes after taking long time. Just wait for sometime and then see whether printer is working proper or not.

Re: print job stuck in que for printer hp psc 1410 all in one prin

If this issue keeps on appearing then you have to check the printer drivers. Just update the same and check back. Reconfigure the printer properly with all drivers and necessary settings and then check back. I think that will be a better option for you to deal with the issue. You can directly update the drivers from network.

Re: print job stuck in que for printer hp psc 1410 all in one printer

At my place it looks like my PSC 1410v keeps on freezing while using the same. I had also replaced the ink cartridges here. The issue is different. I cannot see any option to configure alignment in the printer. Also it does not tells me that alignment is needed. I got an alignment procedure directly from HP that uses the front panel buttons, so I am able to do the alignment. However, once it's done any jobs in the print queue are 'stuck', as all of you have reported. It usually does this while I am printing shipping labels in Paypal and once they are 'printed' the shipping job is closed. Today, again, I ran out of ink and the job printed badly so I replaced the cartridge, did the alignment and the print job was sitting there, saying 'Printing...' I tried to Cancel it but it just says 'Cancelling...' I tried resending the labels again, but they won't print because the first job hasn't cleared yet. Now, I will cancel this label and reboot my PC to see if that will clear the queue. I went through the routines from the Knowledge base fix, with no change. My MS and HP drivers are all up to date, by the way.

Wish me luck. I will try to report back on my progress later.

Click Start
    Under search type in systems.msc
    Click on Print Spooler
    Hit Stop
    Hit Start

This is what works for me.

This is usually caused of how big the file is and how fast your computer is. Have you checked for updates for the printer software?

This is usually caused of how big the file is and how fast your computer is. Have you checked for updates for the printer software?

One of my systems printers (psc2410) just acted up. It too wouldn't function correctly. Although recognized as the default, all items sat in que. Even the print test page was inoperative. The fix was to remove the printer from the system, both electronically and physically cleaned the software from the Add/Remove manager. I deleted all the printers items in the Add/Remove files. I downloaded from HP, the scrubber(remover) that use 7 steps to cleanse the printers software from the computer. Once the system had no printer or software, a clean install fixed the problems. I had done a few tests of the USB ports because the symptoms seemed to be as if the ports had died. This happened as the system tried to load a software update from M$.

Go to services and stop the printer spooler I had to select stop all to get it to work on my HP Photosmart all in one due to the scanner being in operation too. try that.