Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

As of a few days ago...I'm receiving the following error message

Windows XP Support

Old 10-11-2007

As of a few days ago...I'm receiving the following error message

The Microsoft Office Document Imaging program has been running properly without any issues till now. But, later I was having some problem with it. Usually the scan completes, I select done, ocr scanning completes. I can see the image in the windows. But as soon as I select file then I get a window entitled "Microsoft Document Imaging has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Send Error Report and Don't Send buttons.

Additional information: Error Details Mspview Failure"

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? Thanks

Old 10-11-2007

RE: As of a few days ago...I'm receiving the following error message

If there was recent update then identify it and then roll back with system restore. After that add them one at a time till failure. That will let you know about the specific update. Also put the option for update to never ask for that update again. You may also go to the website of any device that you think is conflicting with the update for a new driver. You will have to test with disabling drivers to check that. You can also do a repair setup to solve any broken files you might be having.
Old 11-08-2008

For those who want to replace mspview.exe 2007 with the 2003 version,
I give that old file to you.
just search on your desktop mspview.exe, rename it old if you want, and past the 2003 version of it that you can find at the adress above:
(be carefull the exact name is msPview.exe not msview.exe)
Old 06-05-2010

re error
fDebug: 0 Offset: 00016537

The problem seems to be when you click on File in the top menu. the program then tries to fill the four most recent files opened. If one of these files are corrupt inaccessible (for example on a flash disk or DVD that has been removed) then the program cannot list it. The program crashes and you get this error. Try it.

A simple cure without steping back software or fiddling with registry values is :

Run search for *.tif files (*= wild card) and then double click on 4 of them to open them. After that there should be no problems opening Microsoft Doccument Imaging.

The problem reoccured when I opened up a tif file that was

'embedded'
in a word doccument. for some reason that file cannot be accessed / listed in the last 4 files opened on mspview.exe.

After opening up the embedded tif file I had to re open 4 different .tif files to reuse the Microsoft Office Document Imaging

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,