Thread: "The Logon User Interface DLL msgina.dll failed to load" error

"The Logon User Interface DLL msgina.dll failed to load" error

There are couple of Toshiba Tablet PCs at my place. It was shipped with all valid Windows product keys but no backup disks because the tablet dont come with and CD drives. So, one of this computer failed to update to Windows XP SP2 and corrupted its hard drive. I was prepared for it somewhat and was able to re-ghost the hard drive using Norton Ghost and a previous backup. The computer now tries to boot windows, but gets the error "The Logon User Interface DLL msgina.dll failed to load" at the time of booting. This error will also happend when I try to boot to safe mode. Does anyone have any solution for this issue? Thanks

RE: "The Logon User Interface DLL msgina.dll failed to load" error

It might be possible that the image could be attempting to use a corrupted or expired password. The Safe Mode might be able to offer you an opportunity to log on the default "Administrator" account to create a new profile.

Thanks but booting to safe mode gives the error message also. I can try to slavethe drive on the new server but that only lets me to navigate the files manually. Can anyone tell me another way to change the user accounts without being logged into windows?

Re: "The Logon User Interface DLL msgina.dll failed to load" error

I tried many things to fix this error (logon user interface-DLL MSGina failed to load) including checking on the internet for many hours. Nothing worked. (The computer would keep rebooting via the safe mode F8 interface)I decided then that the time had come for a reformat. I loaded a correct version of the operating system (XP Professional) and when asked, decided to do a repair by pressing R and give it a try as there was nothing to be lost. Bingo, after around 30 minutes of loading, the system came back as good as it had been previously. Simple it was with no data loss. Hope someone out there has the same luck as I did using this method.

Checked no result any other solution ?

This error prevents opening of Windows XP. It is therefore necessary to address this problem from a command prompt. Follow these steps to open a command prompt:
    1. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F8 key to display the first screen. The Advanced Options Menu window appears.
    2. Use the Up and Down arrows and Enter keys to select Return to OS Choices (choice of returning to the operating system).
    3. Click Microsoft Windows Recovery Console (Microsoft Windows Recovery Console).
      • Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to display the first screen.
      • When the Recovery screen appears, click Advanced.
      • Simultaneously press the Alt + D to open a command prompt and go to Step 5.
    4. With the appearance of the login window, press the number next to the Windows version (minint or Windows) and enter the password. Try pressing Enter if you do not know the password.
    5. At the command prompt, type: diskpart
    6. Press Enter and proceed as follows:
      • If a table is displayed with the volume names, remember the drive letter next to the main volume name (usually D or H next to HP_PAVILION or PRESARIO) and press the Escape key.
      • If a diskpart prompt appears, type: list volume, press Enter, remember the drive letter next to the volume name of the primary drive (usually D or H next to HP_PAVILION PRESARIO gold) type exit when finished, and press Enter.

If this is not helping, then the last option is to Restore the file from a backup folder.