| || |
| || |
Join Date: Apr 2009
Re: "The Logon User Interface DLL msgina.dll failed to load" error
This error prevents opening of Windows XP. It is therefore necessary to address this problem from a command prompt. Follow these steps to open a command prompt:
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F8 key to display the first screen. The Advanced Options Menu window appears.
- Use the Up and Down arrows and Enter keys to select Return to OS Choices (choice of returning to the operating system).
- Click Microsoft Windows Recovery Console (Microsoft Windows Recovery Console).
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to display the first screen.
- When the Recovery screen appears, click Advanced.
- Simultaneously press the Alt + D to open a command prompt and go to Step 5.
- With the appearance of the login window, press the number next to the Windows version (minint or Windows) and enter the password. Try pressing Enter if you do not know the password.
- At the command prompt, type: diskpart
- Press Enter and proceed as follows:
- If a table is displayed with the volume names, remember the drive letter next to the main volume name (usually D or H next to HP_PAVILION or PRESARIO) and press the Escape key.
- If a diskpart prompt appears, type: list volume, press Enter, remember the drive letter next to the volume name of the primary drive (usually D or H next to HP_PAVILION PRESARIO gold) type exit when finished, and press Enter.
If this is not helping, then the last option is to Restore the file from a backup folder.