Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Details vs List view- how to change default?

Windows XP Support

Old 29-10-2007

Details vs List view- how to change default?

Hi,

I?m running Windows XP Pro SP2 and have a few small questions. Hope you guys can help me out. I wanted to know if it is possible to change XPs default behavior to display all files and folders to "Details view" format? As of now it is set to ?List View? as default. Apart from this also let me know if can change the View | Arrange Icons default from "name" to "type". Thank you very much for helps.

Old 30-10-2007

Re: Details vs List view- how to change default?

Yes, it is possible to make both the changes you want in XP. In order to do that you need to set the folder view the way you want. Once done go to Tools => Folder Options => View and click on 'Apply to all folders'.

Thats it. It will be set as default view.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support