Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

accserv.mib, fxsext32.dll, lpdsvc.dll missing

Windows XP Support

Old 29-10-2007

accserv.mib, fxsext32.dll, lpdsvc.dll missing

About three years ago I bought Dell Inspiron 4600 which came pre-installed with Windows XP Pro. They dint provided me any media CD with the same. Now due to some reason I need to re-install few Windows Component elements. So I went to Windows components Wizard under the Add/Remove Windows Components and started the installation but it gets failed every time saying cannot find either "accserv.mib, fxsext32.dll, or lpdsvc.dll". I might have tried more than 10 times so far and the same result comes up every time.

Along with those cannot find the files, it also tells me to insert the Windows Installation CD and continue but as I said above, this system is bit old and I dint got any CD along with it. Then what CD can I insert? IS there any alternate way to get rid of this problem? Please help?

Old 29-10-2007

RE: accserv.mib, fxsext32.dll, lpdsvc.dll missing

Usually when we buy any OEM product they use to provide windows CD along with the same. If you dint received then probably you should get it from their Support Site. Yes, it may cost you few bucks. Just check here http://support.dell.com/support/

By the way can you tell me what exactly is the elements you are trying to install?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,