Thread: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error

I was using Lexmark X5270 All in One printer comfortably on this same Windows XP running desktop earlier. Two days ago I needed to reformat the system and install XP again. I did a clean XP install with Service Pack 2. There was no problem during the Windows installation as well as the printer. But when I try to launch the printer, it gives me an error message saying:

“Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error!
    Program: C:\Program Files\Lexmark 5200 Series\lxbtaiox.exe - This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support for more information.”

I uninstalled Printer completely, rebooted the system and installed it again but yet the same error and problem. I tried to get some help from web as well as from Lexmark support but no success. Hope you guys can help me out with this. Thanks in advance.

Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error

As the error itself says the problem is with Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library, you should simply go to Microsoft download center, do a search for VisualC++ redistributable package, download and install the version(s) you need. Thats it . problem will be solved.

Thank you very much for the help Scott. As you said i can download the versions i needed, can you please tell me how can I determine which version(s) do i need? Let me give you more details about my system. It is an E Machine withan AMD ATHLON 64 processor and running Windows XP. Thanks again.

Hello Leythos. Simply download the entire package and install. It will not harm your system. Secondly i would like to know if you tried installing the latest version of Lexmark drivers? Depending on 32bit and 64 bit system, download the proper drivers from Lexmark official website for your printer and install the same. Hopefully the error should be gone.