Thread: windows does not recognize my device

windows does not recognize my device

I am running Windows XP which is not recognizing the mp3 player anymore and it is always telling me that there are no drivers for my device. I have tried many things with the device manager but it didnt help me at all. Can anyone please help me out? Thanks

I found a solution to my Sansa Clip disk.

Put it in "hold" (lateral button) and press its center button. Then, plug into your usb. Windows xp will recognize it as mass storage device.

Very strange, but it works!!!!

Re: windows does not recognize my device

That still didn't work for me... I will keep looking.

hey buddy i tried it and it shows found new hardware (usb Device) but it does not get installed please reply about what to do for it and what setting to be done on my player

Re: I found a solution!

Quote Originally Posted by brock567 View Post
    hey buddy i tried it and it shows found new hardware (usb Device) but it does not get installed please reply about what to do for it and what setting to be done on my player
    Which player are you talking about and what is the make or model number if this player, you need to specify us full details so that we would be able to help you? What is your computer specifications and which operating system are you using? Normally, you have to install the drivers of the player in your pc that comes in either the player package's or in a cd.

I'm using Sansa e200 v1, and i have desktop pc with win xp sp2 and window media player 10 everytime i connect it, only charging take place nothing is shown in my pc no installation nothing, i also tried in my Friend's Laptop with win 7 but same problem
    Last edited by brock567; 11-09-2011 at 09:38 PM.

I'm using Sansa e200 v1, and i have desktop pc with win xp sp2 and window media player 10 everytime i connect it, only charging take place nothing is shown in my pc no installation nothing, i also tried in my Friend's Laptop with win 7 but same problem
    I think that you would want to update your windows xp to the latest service packs available and then download the latest version of the windows media player as well. If the player is seen in My Computer when using MTP mode, but not showing in Windows Media Player:
    1. Download the hotfix from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939211.
    2. Run the hotfix.

No, my Device is not Shown anywhere not even in my computer or anywhere

No, my Device is not Shown anywhere not even in my computer or anywhere
    Can you try to upgrade the Sansa e200's firmware by following the method given here. After that update your windows xp to service pack 3 and also install the latest version of media player that is windows media player 11 that is supported in xp. Turn your Sansa e200 device on and set the USB mode to MSC (Settings > USB Mode > MSC) and connect it.

Thnx for your Advice Friend but its not shown anywhere not even in sansa updater then how i upgrade it

Use the below link. The link has Sansa Firmware update with proper firmware download. Download and use the software. The device fails to recognize by windows under following condition :
    • Improper cable
    • Missing driver
    • Corrupt drive
    • Outdated hardware

The most common issue are cables.

Sansa Firmware Updater