Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error Loading operating system

Windows XP Support

Old 23-10-2007

Error Loading operating system

One of my office PC running on Windows XP failed to boot up. After troubleshooting it for some time I came to know that its boot sequence is got corrupted. Hence it was giving an Error message while boot up saying ?error loading operating system.?

I went into XP?s recovery console, ran fixmbr and fixboot which has surely rectifies the problem but that remains only till I retart the pc again. Once restarted it comes back again to the same error. So it clearly indicates that there is something corrupting the boot sequence every time.

I have no idea about the same, can you guys please provide some help? Many thanks.

Old 24-07-2009

Re: Error Loading operating system

Hi

Had the same problem on clients pc. Cause BIOS does not recognise HDD correctly. My problem was an Maxtor IDE HDD, and Phoenix Award BIOS. Firstly the BIOS Battery was flat, and had to be replace.

The solution for me was to set the HDD mode in BIOS to Large instead of auto.
I also disabled the ATA 66/100 IDE cable msg. under advanced BIOS features although I do not think it made a difference And the big problem in my case I have disabled IDE DMA transfer under the integrated peripherals menu. (enabled by default)

You can also try a BIOS upgrade if you know what you are doing.

Last edited by Click2Shop : 24-07-2009 at 08:01 PM.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: