Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Installation Problem with Halo 2 for Windows Vista

Windows XP Support

Old 21-10-2007

Installation Problem with Halo 2 for Windows Vista

I?m having three systems at my home running with Windows Vista. Yesterday I purchased a copy of Halo 2 but when I try to install it on any of these systems; it gives me an error message saying:

?The procedure entry point CreateProcessWithTokenW could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll.?

I?m sure this cannot be the problem of System requirements because the configuration on my system is much higher than the game requires. So can you guys please tell what else could be the problem? Please provide some working solutions.

Thank you.

Old 22-10-2007

Re: Installation Problem with Halo 2 for Windows Vista

Hello Ulupy,

First of all let me tell you that this is section for XP related problems, neither it is for Vista nor for games. Anyway, as far as your problem is concerned, try installing the game in compatibility Mode. Right click the game setup file and select compatibility. Here select Windows XP SP3 form the drop down menu.

Hope it helps.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: