Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Live Messenger crash after login

Windows XP Support

Old 20-10-2007

Windows Live Messenger crash after login

Windows Live Messenger on my pc crash after login. I am not sure about any specific error behind this. But I can tell you what I found in event viewer. In event viewer the following details were found :
AppName: msnmsgr.exe AppVer: 8.1.178.0 AppStamp:45b12d6a
ModName: unknown ModVer: 0.0.0.0 ModStamp:00000000
fDebug: 0 Offset: fa145142

I am trying a number of steps here to ensure that the issue is resolved. But nothing is working here. I went on google and even found the issue lies with some recent windows update. I removed everything but still the problem lies intact.

Last edited by Coz131 : 20-10-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old 21-03-2013

Re: Windows Live Messenger crash after login

I think the issue is due to version update of Windows Live Messenger. Try to downgrade the edition of Live Messenger and test back. Just download any old edition and see whether it is working fine or not. I had seen the new version is quiet more buggy to some extent. But compare to that a older version works more properly. Also once verify your internet connection. Just check whether it is not breaking in between.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,