Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Continuous rebooting

Windows XP Support

Old 17-10-2007

Continuous rebooting

My pc keep son rebooting on its own. The problem only occur when I run any game. While in normal mode it works well without any problem. I am not able to understand why it reboots so instantly. I removed all unwanted software and additional stuff. The cpu usage also remains at standards ratio. I am trying to play GTA here. When I launch the game a few minutes after playing the system restarts. I am stuck with this thing here.

Old 17-10-2007

Re: Continuous rebooting

Looks like your pc is heating up while playing games. Just download and install a cpu temperature monitor tool. Launch the game and minimize. Or you can play it in window mode. Check the temperature of processor through that temp utility and see if the temperature is rising then the issue lies with your cpu fan. It is not spinning at higher rate due to which your pc shutdown. Change your fan and then check back.
Old 18-10-2007

If you do not find any problem with the cpu temperature then the problem might lie with the power supply. I had faced the same issue recently. Due to a damaged power supply the system just restarts automatically. I changed that and the problem is solved. It is working fine now and there is no problem at all. I will advice you to check your smps also if the cpu temperature is not a problem.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,