Thread: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\D

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\D

I was using my iPod with Windows XP desktop since years and never faced any kind problem so far until yesterday. Now last week I added one more additional Sata Hard drive to this system and since then whenever I connect the iPod I use to get the following error message:

"The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\D" Let me tell you that I never had this error ever before adding this second sata drive. Both hard drives have only one partition on them and the second one is just used for backing up files. As per troubleshooting I tried changing the Sata ports but yet no help.

Do you guys have any idea what could be the problem and how can I get rid of this problem? Thanks for your helps.

Re: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\D

I think the problem is with drive letters. You should try changing the letter for your second Sata drive by going to Disk Management. Go to start/run, and type:

diskmgmt.msc

Right click the new SATA drive letter, and change it to another unused letter. Hopefully it should work fine now.

Re: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\D

Thanks and i appreciate your help Fawiza but i have already tried changing drive letters and it wont work at all. By the way i forgot to mention earlier that my my iPod is not even showing up in the Disk Management anymore. However i device manager it is listed as "USB Removable Storage (E:)

Any other suggestion please?