Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can I merge 2 empty partitions using disk management?

Windows XP Support

Old 08-10-2007

Can I merge 2 empty partitions using disk management?

I am using a second physical hard drive on my machine that is partitioned into 2 drives. Each of this partition is now empty since the partitions have been formatted. Can it be possible to merge these 2 different partitions into one new drive with a new drive letter using the dik management options of Management console of Windows XP, if yes, then how it can be done? Thanks.

Old 08-10-2007

Re: Can I merge 2 empty partitions using disk management?

Well, you can try to delete the 2 partitions and then make a new partition spanning the whole disk.
Old 08-10-2007

Thanks but I checked that disk management will delete partitions, and I havent seen anywhee to merge the 2 partitions together? Can anyone tell me how to do this?
Old 08-10-2007

Lets take an example that you have 2 partitions, one is 10gb and then other one is 15gb, so delete both of them and there will be enough space on the hard drive to make a new partition of 25gb.
Old 08-10-2007

Incase the partitions are empty then dont try to merge them, you will have to delete both partitions and then create a new one. This will be done in a couple of minutes as well.
Old 09-10-2007

Thank you for all the replies guys, I have now made myself a new one larger partition.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,