Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Operating System Not Found

Windows XP Support

Old 07-09-2009

Operating System Not Found or Missing

I am getting a very old error but still i don't know how to solve it...???? This is an old error of Windows XP but i am getting the same error in Windows 7... I am getting the error message saying "Operating System Not Found" or "Missing operating system"... Does anyone know how to get this error solve...?????
Old 07-09-2009

Re: Operating System Not Found or Missing

I think your hard drive might be have got corrupted because the same error it gave me in the Windows XP operating system & my Engineer asked me to change the hard disk after check it... I think this is what you are facing the same problem with...! & almost all the time i have seen that most users are facing the same problem due to this hard drive problem....!
Old 07-09-2009

I think you might try the the System Restore i think the above solution is not fully correct because it is not all the time user face problem due to hard drive got corrupted... It is many times seen that windows got corrupted & facing the same issue I think Try to Run the in the safe mode if possible or else then format your hard drive....!
Old 07-09-2009

I have found some similar threads here & has almost the same issue discussion about which you talking about... I think if the above solution doesn't work then you must go through the following linked threads...!

Operating system not found hard drive
Operating System not found on Sony Vaio
'Missing Operating system'- Windows Vista
Error "Operating System not found"

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,