Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

White progress bar during startup

Windows XP Support

Old 03-10-2007

White progress bar during startup

Can anyone tell me how to remove the white progress bar that shows at the time of startup? I have posted this issue on many websites but nobody has the answers? When asked then they tell me that I have done something wrong when I installed my second drive. This problem started when I was using a second hard drive. I have set this drive as the slave drive and my first drive is setup as Master thats the drive Windows XP boots from. Can anyone please help me out? Thanks.

Old 03-10-2007

RE: White progress bar during startup

You can try to boot to an XP CD, then choose recovery and then in the recovery type - Fixboot and then you can also type CHKDSK C: /p and then exit and then start XP.
Old 04-10-2007

Re: White progress bar during startup

Thanks for that but it is not working for me. Do you have some other ideas?
Old 04-10-2007

I think that progress bar lets you know that you are exiting hibernation mode. Can you tell us how are you shutting down the pc?
Old 04-10-2007

I have different computers that have a starting progress bar, Windows 2000 and Windows XP, normally how long it shows depends on what I have loading. Incase your computer is taking a long time to load Win, then after installing a second hard drive, then that could indicate a driver problem.
Old 04-10-2007

I dont think its hibernating because I have all the hibernation setting turned off. I am also using either shutdown or restart. It will also do it if I have to turn off at the power switch if I have computer locked up. Thanks for the replies.
Old 07-12-2007

What is the driver problem that you are talking about? Did you mean to say that for the second hard drive that you use? You want a driver for the hard drive, is that what you are saying?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,