Thread: Application Not found message

Application Not found message

I was just clearing up my system. I had installed a tons of themes and different tools due to which the system was working slow. I went inside control panel > add remove program, and removing them one by one. There are around 10 to 15 applications which I have to clear. One of them is a free theming app. When I click on Remove it poped up error message on the screen application not found. What does this means. The application is listed in control panel and it is showing me that the app does not exist. How to remove it then.

RE: Application Not found message

This kind of error appear due to incomplete installation files. I had gone through many problem similar to this. You can do one thing here. You can install the application back first and then un-install it. If this does not work and you are getting a common error with multiple software then the only option left here is to run a full repair setup of windows. You can use windows bootable disc for the same. Run a repair setup and then check back. I think that will be more appropriate in fixing the issue.

Hi, I recently got a virus by the name of XP Antivirus 2010 which pretended to be anitvirus software. I removed it using Super Antispyware. It has removed all problems so far except that when I click on any shortcut on my desktop or anywhere (e.g. Internet Explorer) it opens the 'Open With' window - "choose the program you want to use to open this file". Here, even when I click on IE it doesn't work. I realized that I can right click on the shortcut and click start, which works, but how can I solve this problem? With Microsoft Word, the only way to open the program is to open a word document and edit that. Any suggestions? If you know a better place to ask this, could you forward it?

I also can't change anything on my control panel. It just says application not found. I have the exactly the same problem as santorini, if anyone knows the solution please help!!!!!! If I attach picture to e-mail as jpg then click to open it receive Application Not Found any suggestions to repair?

Re: Application Not found message

I had this exact same problem this week. In searching for a solution I found the following link on another forum. I reluctantly tried it and was thrilled to find that it actually fixed all my problems.

I have a similar problem? Except, heh, none of the stuff anyone is telling me to do is helping. None. My computer still cannot find my files, despite the fact that I've tried multiple suggestions from multiple pages. It is infuriating. And to top it all off, I can't even figure out how to start my own thread on this.. site.
    Really? Can someone just help me?!

I did just as you said, and it worked perfectly! Thank you :)

Me also guys, SAME exact problem, no idea what I did wrong really to warrant such. I had JUST downloaded though AVG Anti-Virus, and BOTH computers started exhibiting all these same symptoms. My newest computer did not, but you SAVED ME with the REGEDIT. 3am now, and finally ready to sleep.

Thanks so much, THANK YOU.
    Shane - aka Camp Tisdale, Lansing, Michigan - USA

Thank you AFDRAKE for your post. I had the following issue ...Could not open EXE files, Control Panel, any softwares etc. - was receiving the message "Application Not Found" and that my "rundll32.exe" file could not be found. These were residual registry problems after my PC was infected with trojan-bnk.win32.keylogger.gen virus. I was able to remove the virus by installing & running Super AntiSpyware. Malwarebytes & Spyware Doctor did not pick up the viruses. I was finally able to remove the virus but it left a series of registry issues that your dougknox link was able to fix for me. I think I'm in the clear. thank goodness for tech blogs such as these - saves us hundreds of dollars but I think I have lost a full day of my time on this nuisance & my poor kids haven't exactly seen the best of me in the last few hours. Argghhh. Thank you everyone for you help and I hope those who spend their time creating these viruses pay dearly one way or another. What goe saround comes around ....

Hi! my computer starts normally but does not display desktop, (application; MSVCP 60 dll is missing) message is displayed, please help......

Hello there are many thread are present on different site regarding to your query. In techarena search I found about your query. Just follow the following link. And see if its help you. If still it’s not helpful then I would suggest you to follow the Microsoft support link. I am sure you will get appropriate solution there. Just go through it and let me know it’s helpful for you or not.
    Windows can not boot due to missing MSVCP60.DLL File.

Hi,
    Thank you Emiliio for your post it really helped.