Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Help: Network Cable Unplugged -- But It Is Plugged In And Working

Windows XP Support

Old 24-09-2007

Help: Network Cable Unplugged -- But It Is Plugged In And Working

I am using Windows XP here. I had installed recently SP2 update on the same. I am facing a problem with lan connectivity. I am not able to understand why it is detecting the lan connection. The ethernet controller which was used on my board is Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit. Now even when I disconnect the lan cable it shows me cable plugged in. It is really weird. There is no notification on the screen that the connection is off. I am using Linux here.

Old 24-09-2007

Re: Help: Network Cable Unplugged -- But It Is Plugged In And Working

Looks like some issue with the lan adapter. It can be a driver fault also. Try to run updates in your PC. Mostly Linux does not really needs latest driver update but issue like this are critical. It must show that the lan is uplugged. It can be a bug also. The most you can do is check for new updates for the lan adapter and then try again.
Old 09-10-2007

Dual boot your system and then check back. Install XP on a different partition and see what output you are getting. If in XP it works fine then you can ignore the issue on Linux. It can be a simple problem. The OS is not able to identify whether connection is active or not. Checking for updates is a good way of fixing problem.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , ,