Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Data Execution Prevention closes Windows Explorer!

Windows XP Support

Old 14-09-2007

Data Execution Prevention closes Windows Explorer!

I?m having a Windows XP desktop with nForce Intel board (680i), latest nVidia drivers and all recent patches from Windows Updates. Yesterday something went wrong with my PC. Windows explorer started crashing with DEP error. Restarting the PC dint helped to fix the problem. I thought this could be due to some virus hence I scanned my system using AVG Free edition, Spybot Search and Destroy, as well as online services from Symantec and Kaspersky. Also confirmed if there is no rootkits on my system by running Blacklight, AVG Rootkit detector. The results says that my system is fully clean and OK.

Then where is the problem? I?m still facing the problem of Data Execution Prevention. Somebody please help.

Old 15-09-2007

RE: Data Execution Prevention closes Windows Explorer!

Hi Paul,
Read the info here, it may help:http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xp=&sloc=en-us

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,