Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Blank Screen of Death!

Windows XP Support

Old 07-09-2007

Blank Screen of Death!

I am using a Dell laptop. It is some 600M laptop. It is a old model that came with Windows XP SP2 installed on the same. I am facing issue with desktop load. I am not able to pass login screen here. When I enter the login details the screen is just blank after that. There are no icons nor start menu. But when I go in safe mode it works fine. There is no problem with blank screen. Can anyone here guide me for the same. How can I simply get rid of this problem. I hope this is not a virus issue.

Old 07-09-2007

Re: Blank Screen of Death!

Looks like problem with video driver. Go in Device Manager and update your video driver and then check back. I am sure this a video driver issue due to which you are facing the problem. You can update the same and then check back. You can visit the official website of motherboard manufacturer and from there you can run the driver updates. I am sure that will be enough for you to fix the issue.
Old 08-09-2007

Check for hardware problems in "device manager". Find it at Control Panel->System->Hardware. Expand the + and look for exclamation marks. Try updating drivers
Old 11-09-2007

It can be a virus issue also. I got the issue when due to virus Explorer.exe was not working fine. When you start your system press Ctrl + Alt + Del and launch task manager. In that go in process and then see whether explorer.exe is working or not. If not then then click on File > New Task and run explorer.exe. You can simply run a full system virus scan under safe mode. Run the scan and then check back.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,