Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Problems with C:\System Volume Information\tracking.log

Windows XP Support

Old 27-08-2007

Problems with C:\System Volume Information\tracking.log

I am not an expert user of Windows XP with little knowledge and I am having some problem that I cannot find anywhere on the web. The issue is that when any program that attempts to access C:\System Volume Information\tracking.log then it hangs up and has to be shutdown using Task Manager. It also happens when I try to view the file properties that causes Windows Explorer to hang up. When I try to scan the pc through Antivirus programs then also it gets stuck when they read the file. Can anyone tell me what should I do to fix this problem? Thanks

Old 27-08-2007

RE: Problems with C:\System Volume Information\tracking.log

Why you have set the system volume to 2.gb total space. As far as file system info, go to run and then type:cmd. Now in cmd type diskpart and then type list disk and then type list volume. After that type Help for all cmds and also open event viewer to get specific OS information and then click on the errors and warnings.
Old 27-08-2007

Actually, System Restore is a valuable tool that can be be used to solve many
problems. If you try to turn it off then it would be a serious mistake. But the default (and maximum) of 12% of the drive that System Restore takes is a very poor one. In practice you can seldom go back more than a week or two, because any more than that and your registry gets out of synch with everything else. So allocating space for more than a dozen or so restore points is a waste. All you need for that is 1-2GB at the most.
Old 07-05-2008

You can try to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if IE 7 is installed
http://support.microsoft.com/default...en-us%3b917964

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: