Thread: Hibernate/Stand by Stop Error

Hibernate/Stand by Stop Error

This is brand new Toshiba p105-s6157 Laptop bought just a month ago. It came with Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed. Everything is working great except one problem. Whenever I try to put the laptop in Standby or Hybernation, I use to get a BSOD with Stop Kernel error, and it creates a dump file. The complete error message is as follows:

A Problem has been detected and window has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you’ve seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need
    to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to elect Advanced Startup Options, and then
    select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0xA848D3B8, 0xBA1A70AC, 0X00000000)

*** HSX_CNXT.SYS - Address A848D3B8 base at A83E9000, DateStamp 452acad6

Beginning dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump complete.
    Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.
    Somebody please tell me how can I fix this problem permanently. Many thanks.

RE: Hibernate/Stand by Stop Error

Hello PatrModer. There are several articles on web and Microsoft describing the same. I found few which you should check for troubleshooting Hibernate and Standby issues

"How to troubleshoot hibernation and standby issues in Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907477/en-us

From Kellys-Korner, "Standby & Hibernate Issues in Windows XP": http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_standby.htm

And here are few articles describing the BSOD stop code 0x0000008E:

"Driver Development Tools Bug Check 0x8E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED": http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms794023.aspx