Thread: No sound on my Dell Dimension 5150

No sound on my Dell Dimension 5150

So it starts out like this, my sound is working fine one day until I get a microphone, that microphone just so happens to not work, but it's not the microphone, it's the computer, I tried everything to get it to work. So I just so happened to have tinkered with my SIGMATEL High Definition Audio Codec driver by downloading some unknown driver for laptops I suppose and now my sound doesn't work. I've been trying for hours, the intel Site doesn't work because I keep getting errors in the BIOS updater, I've tried rolling back the driver, choosing it again and it all doesn't work. Does anybody, ANYBODY, know how to fix my problem, I have no clue what sound card I have and the only system info I can get on my motherboard is a 945G.

-Thanks in advance.

And also if this gets resolved if anybody knows what happened with the microphone thing also, thanks!

Re: No sound on my Dell Dimension 5150

You will definitely get the required drivers on the Dell’s website itself. Just search your product page first and go to download section. As far as BIOS update is concerned, let me tell you that if you made any attempt to update incorrect BIOS then it will kill the MOBO permanently. So unless a bios update cures a problem or increases functionality there is no need to update. However, if you want to go for update you will find this also on the same download section page of Dell.