Thread: control panel icon missing from start menu

control panel icon missing from start menu

I cannot find link to access control panel from Start Menu. It is just missing. I tried to access the same by somehow I am unable to see anything. When I try to access it gives me error that due to some restriction this effect is cancelled. Can anyone really guide me where the issue is. I am not able to understand the problem here. I was having some virus problem in the pc and I am sure that it is not the cause of issue.

RE: contol panel icon missing from start menu

There is one tool that can help you to fix the problem. It is called as System Restore Control. It is a bit advance system restore application which offers you more options to run recovery. The tool simply allows you to set your restore operations. You can here manage disk space used, you can configure the setting of maximum disk space, etc. You can set automatic restore point creation also and change the frequency of restore points also. This is really very helpful.

Re: contol panel icon missing from start menu

System restore can put back the virus in your pc if it is deleted. I will advice you to scan your pc under safe mode and see what output you are getting. It is one the best way to deal with numerous error of windows. If the antivirus gives a clean chit then go with restoration. I am sure that will be enough to fix the issue. Try to change the theme also. Set the same to classic which will be simply better to avoid this kind of bugs.

You are facing that error due to NoControlPanel Policy. It is set in your system which prevents Control.exe, to run. Due to which you are not able to enter Control Panel. The control.exe is executable file for starting it. As a result, you are not able to cannot start Control Panel or run any Control Panel programs. So what you need to do is simply restore the value through registry. A value of 1 enables the settings. You can find that in windows registry.

I am using System Restore Explorer. It is one of the best tool for this kin dof work. The tool offers process of system recovery to gain speed and also fix a number of problem. It is essential that you keep this kind of applications in your pc which simply help you to restore your pc in case of trouble. While the existing system configuration has a major drawback that increases processing time. While I found System Restore Explorer very quick in giving out nice output.

I have followed the same instructions and my Control Panel is back in My Computer. I can only once again access "Set Program Access & Defaults" and I will be running scans to make sure the Trojan which caused this is gone. Thanks

i followed the instructions and have the control panel icon back but it still will not allow me access because of restrictions. what do i do????

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your systems administrator"