Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Internet explorer 7 freezes and/or is slow to close

Windows XP Support

Old 24-08-2007

Internet explorer 7 freezes and/or is slow to close

I am on Windows XP and I am using Internet Explorer 7 on it. When ever I open IE7 then it will freeze or it will not close or it will be too slow to close? I regularly do the cleanup of cookies and all, but still it is having the same problem? Any ideas? Thanks.

Old 25-08-2007

Have you tried to run Internet Explorer 7 without any add-ons? To do the same, click on start and then run "iexplore -extoff" without quotes and see if that helps. Incase if it doesnt, then simply do a malware/virus scan in your pc and remove the same.
Old 25-08-2007

Re: Internet explorer 7 freezes and/or is slow to close

Thank you very much for the solution, the iexplore.exe -extoff worked for me.
Old 22-09-2010

Re: Internet explorer 7 freezes and/or is slow to close

I have disabled "AVG safe search" IE add-on and the slow to close problem is resolved. Thank you for your help.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,