Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows XP audio device disappears from audio properties, suspected .dll problem

Windows XP Support

Old 24-08-2007

Windows XP audio device disappears from audio properties, suspected .dll problem

I am facing problem with Windows XP here. I am not able to work with some audio files. When I try to play some mp3 files there was no audio at all. The device simply disappeared. I checked inside Device Manager, but I cannot find anything related to the audio tool. I am trying to run windows update and that also is not working at all. I am here using a PCI sound card. I changed the slot but still audio is not working.

Old 21-03-2013

Re: Windows XP audio device disappears from audio properties, suspected .dll problem

If there was problem with the sound card, then it must have detected. If it is not then surely the sound card is damaged. If you want you can test that in some other pc also. You will need to buy a new one I think. The most you can do is run windows update and check.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,