Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kernel Data Inpage Error

Kernel Data Inpage Error

I am running Windows XP and keep getting a blue screen with the following error:

Kernel Data Inpage Error
    STOP: 0X0000007A (0XC03E15E0, 0X000000E, 0XF8578B0, 0X195FD860)
    atapi.sys
    address F8578130
    base at F8567000
    Date Stamp: 41107b4d
    something about a dump

When I turn off the computer with the power button and I restart my laptop then I get this error as well - System32/hal.dll missing. After restarting in safe mode and at the C prompt doing a chkdsk comes back saying somthing about there being gile errors. Can anyone please help me out? Thanks

kernel data inpage error

i have toshiba tecra tm1 laptop and i am trying to install a new copy of os winxp but during the installation a masege comes KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR and instalation stops. please help i need my laptop back Thanks
    Last edited by dargio; 02-01-2008 at 08:38 PM.

Kernel data inpage error

I'm running windows XP SR3 on HP media centre pc.

error message

0x0000007A (0xc07BA000, 0xC0000000E 0xF740050C, 0x3917C860)
    atapi.sys - address F740050C base at F73F3000, date stamp 4802539d

I have recently recovered a hard disk error and reloaded using the recovery CD.

any ideas would be very much appreciated?

non-tech singapore girl!

tx

kernel data inpage error

So, a little history on my computer ... it is now ~4.5years old, and has had the RAM on it replaced about 3 years ago. It is nothing special, it is a 200Gb, 512Mb RAM, <2GHz Compaq desktop. At the end of August I purchased a new monitor and needed to update my video card, and then install a driver to view the widescreen format. Once doing this, the computer started acting up and I ran a recovery with the recovery disk and things were running fine since then. Last week I downloaded BitTorrent and downloaded a few albums and noticed my computer starting to run slow. I attributed this to having left it on for a few days, so I turned it off and the next day I received a blue screen with the kernel_stack_inpage_error. After unsuccessful attempts at a restore, I performed a system recovery. This did not change the outcome, and when I got into Windows none of the settings had changed (seeming like the recovery must not have worked). I had messages of a master boot record error, a corrupt or missing system32\hal.dll, and a black screen with a flashing cursor in the top left. I've tried to reinstall XP and it couldn't complete it due to misplacing my product key. I've tried running a dskchk /r and was told that I have one or more unrecoverable problems. I re-ran recovery and nothing has improved any outcomes, this is my latest error message:

kernel_data_inpage_error
    0x0000007A (0xE121940c, 0xc000000E, 0xBF8F3A68, 0x1B34A860)
    win32k.sys - address BF8F3A6B base at BF800000, datestamp 3b5ee2e6

Can anyone suggest a route to a fix?

It does not help if you start a new thread about the same problem.Whilst there may be a problem with the surface of the hard disk it is
    my interpretation that it is something other than this.

Re: kernel data inpage error

Incase you are not able to repair your system with the CD, then you cannot reinstall the OS if you needed to. Possibly, the product key is on a sticker somewhere on the unit. Anyways, you will be able to recover from the issue by booting with the CD and logging into the repair/recovery console. After that you can run the below commands at the disk prompt:
    chkdsk
    fixmbr
    fixboot

After that try to exit and then boot the pc again.

when I've tried to run chkdsk before, it just would tell me there are one or more unrecoverable problems ... that really can't be good for me, can it?
    I really am most baffled by how I've been able to run the recovery off the disk and that it never seemed to take, even when I was able to log in to Windows before. Does the fact that trying to power up with no disc in the drive leaves me with a blank screen and a flashing cursor, unable to do anything, basically mean my computer is nothing more than a box with power running to it now??

You can also try to troubleshoot the "Stop 0x00000077" or "KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR" by following the link given here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/228753/en-us

Ok, I replied under "quick reply" just a moment ago, but not sure if that's the same ... so I'll try again, just in case.

So last night I was able to get my computer to work for me, I ran chkdsk and it told me that it fixed a number of errors. From there I ran fixmbr, and fixboot (I did this process for both my C: and D:). After this I performed a full system recovery, and was then able to log into Windows. Upon doing so it asked me to install my monitor off its cd, and when I did the entire screen went red. When I ejected the disc and restarted, I was able to get back into Windows. It started automatically updating Windows for me and when doing so I got the kernel_data_inpage_error again. I restarted, and then received a 'Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: C:\Windows\system32\config\system" message. I rebooted, simply pressed R and it logged it fine. I was able to run a malware scan of my computer and it stayed running for a solid few hours until I went to bed. I am just wanting to know of whether or not there are steps I should follow now that I have regained access to Windows, to fully ensure my system is properly running again (or if and where problems still may lay). I'd heard I should run a defrag on my system now, but I wanted to hear your opinion and suggestions since you've been such tremendous help to me so far. So if you could give me some things to do, or places to check my system out, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

would this apply to my situation concerning the missing/corrupt area of my computer?
    and again, any other steps that I should take from here would be greatly appreciated

Can you try to run the disk commands again but add a switch to the first one:
    chkdsk /r

This command will mark bad sectors of the hard drive which the OS will avoid using them, that is if there are any defects on the disk. After that exit and remove the CD and try to boot again.

I don't have any readouts when I boot up, but if I understand your question, I should be able to switch my setup to give me those (I've just never understood any of that stuff so prefer to see a simple "Compaq" screen). If I get that going, should I try and copy it all down and post them here for you to explain for me?
    I'll also try the chkdsk /r tonight when I go home, I'll let you know tomorrow of these things

guyz i got simlar errors

somtimes its wid atapi.sys and somtimes its wid win32k.sys

i installed hd tune pro

and in the health tab it showed me all status Ok except 1 named Reallocated Sector count wat does this signify ?wat shud i do now

Hey guys,

So I haven't been asking questions lately for a few reasons, firstly, I'd been on vacation for 3 weeks, and also my computer had been working the few times I'd tried since getting back. However, that has changed and the blue screen has returned to me. The new details are as follows:

system32\drivers\isapnp.sys being corrupted and not allowing windows to start.
    I ran dskchk and (keeping in mind, I'd run full recoveries multiple times already, so there shouldn't be anything remaining in my computer in the realm of viruses and the likes, correct?) and ran dskchk /r from command prompts. Upon restart it took a few tries to actually go through the entire check, with a few errors apparently because when I woke up the one morning windows was asking me which way I wanted to run windows (with the options for safe mode etc).

Then finally I got through the entire dskchk /r start to finish, it had made some deletions in step 2 of 5, and when the computer booted up again it told me my computer was now clean. Then when setting up my computer back to the settings I prefer (with the updated internet explorer to be exact), the blue screen hit again with:

kernel_stack_inpage_error
    0x00000077 (0xc000000E, 0xc000000E, 0x00000000, 0x04cc4000).

Any ideas of things I can do now, cause I am able to run the computer much better than back in December, I have followed all suggestions you have given to me, but it still appears as though there's something still messed up.

Thanks in advance guys

I've downloaded HD Tune 2.55, and I've tried running a full scan twice now; however, when running it, my computer has shut down both times and asks me to insert a bootable disk to start Windows again. This usually happens at ~20% maybe, with no indication of damage, so might this indicate a problem with my RAM?

Anyways, this is what I copied from the Info and Health tabs:

HD Tune: ST3200822A Information

Firmware version : 3.01
    Serial number : 3LJ190SQ
    Capacity : 186.3 GB (~200.0 GB)
    Buffer size : 8192 KB
    Standard : ATA/ATAPI-6
    Supported mode : UDMA Mode 5 (Ultra ATA/100)
    Current mode : UDMA Mode 5 (Ultra ATA/100)

S.M.A.R.T : yes
    48-bit Address : yes
    Read Look-Ahead : yes
    Write Cache : yes
    Host Protected Area : no
    Device Configuration Overlay : yes
    Automatic Acoustic Management: no
    Power Management : yes
    Advanced Power Management : no
    Power-up in Standby : no
    Security Mode : no
    Firmware Upgradable : yes