Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

xp reinstall hp pavilion laptop

Windows XP Support

Old 22-08-2007

xp reinstall hp pavilion laptop

My system drive fails. I am having a HP Pavilion DV5000 laptop. It was working fine but suddenly the drive failed. Due to which I lost all my data and Windows XP is also not booting. I tried to install xp back but the installer is not able to find the hard drive. That confirmed that the hard disk has stopped working. I just made this thread to locate some solution which can help me to get my data back. Is it still possible to recover the data.

Old 22-08-2007

Re: xp reinstall hp pavilion laptop

If there is a hardware failure then you cannot do anything. It is complicated to get data from it. You will need to contact any data recovery service and ask them for help. You can check in the bios. If the hard drive is still detected then try to install xp back again. I hope after a few number of attempts it might work. Or else the last option left is to carry the laptop to your nearest service center and get a replacement.
Old 22-08-2007

The last option here left is to use a bootable linux live cd. In my system there was some issue with the storage device. XP setup crashed at 50% always. I was having some very important data on it. So I used a live cd to access my files. I copied all the data and posted them somewhere else. Later on I gave the laptop to service center. The problem was with the hard drive. Some connection was causing the failure. You can try a bootable disc and check back. It might work.
Old 06-07-2008

HDD failure

A HDD failure I am trying to reinstall XP/SP2 on an HP Pavilion dv2601tx laptop. Installer recognized the new 160GB SATA HDD after F6 and loading of 82801GBM SATA AHCI drivers from USB floppy. Later, installer prompted me to "Insert the disk labeled: Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver into drive A:, Press ENTER when ready." I found this driver on a download site and prepared a floppy however with floppy in place when I press Enter the installer doesn't even do a seek on the floppy and the screen message does not change. How can I get past this step?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,