Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

.NET Framework Initialization Error

Windows XP Support

Old 19-08-2007

.NET Framework Initialization Error

I am facing a bit issue with dot net here. I had tried to download a new driver for my ATI Radeon Graphics card. Now after installing the same I am facing a problem. When I try to run the setup I am getting a error CLI.exe - .NET Framework Initialization Error. I am constantly getting the error. I need some help here to run the driver update setup. I tried to run the same manually also but still it is not working.

Old 10-11-2007

I think if you can download .net before then the job will be more easier. You can find the download from Microsoft website. Just download dot net and install that on your system. That's all. Then you have to go with the setup of your drive. Due to lack of dot net update you are getting the issue and once you run appropriate updates then the issue will be resolved. You can also get dot net installed via automatic updates. That is one of the best way to fix the problem you are facing.
Old 03-06-2008

You can refer the similar topics regarding .NET framework problems at - .NET framework

Also you can refer this topic - Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework Fails
Old 25-10-2009

Re: .NET Framework Initialization Error

I would really want to explore the universe in universe sandbox. when i open it it opens an error instead of opening the program. it says: To run this application, you need to install the following program:.NET Framework: v2.0.50727. i would be busted if my mom spotted me installing .NET Framework.
Old 23-11-2009

My computer crashed, had to reinstall XP and all programs, but now I am getting the following registery error (among others) "set registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.Net Framework\install root to point to the .Net framework install location. I ran hijack this:

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\McSACore.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe

Last edited by ddb : 23-11-2009 at 04:04 AM.
Old 13-08-2010

Hi ddb,

To resolve this issue, install the .NET Framework on the target computer. To do this, browse to the following MSDN Web site:
How to Get the Microsoft .NET Framework
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/net...k/default.aspx

More information here.
Old 11-08-2011

i have the same problem i had free video to mp3 converter then my computer was being slow so i did system recovery it worked fine before that now when i tried to instal it it says the exact same thing. what am i supposed to do. i tried installing what it said and it wont download. i dont know how to uninstall and install again i need instructions i dont want to mess up my computer help me!! please!! it does it with any video converter application

when i go to add/remove programs i have .NET framework 1.1

Last edited by brflor12 : 11-08-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 11-08-2011

Please refer the following link i hope this will help you. and to install the.NET framework 2 version then you have to first the all previous version of .NET and after that disable your antivirus and install version 2 of .NET framework. please try it and let me know its working or not. and if you have any other query then please let me know about it.

Can't Uninstall Net Framework 2.0 SP1

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,