Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Volume Shadow Copy Service

Windows XP Support

Old 27-07-2007

Volume Shadow Copy Service

I am running Windows XP Pro and have found that my preferred backup software, Genie Backup will not backup and fails with a message telling me that the issue relates to the Volume Shadow Copy Service. I have tried ntbackup and have found the same issue, that is while the software runs it does not complete and fails with an error. So it does tells that the problem lies to the Volume Shadow Copy Service. I have checked that all relevant services are started and I have carried out some solutions but nothing worked. Any ideas?

Old 23-10-2007

Even I am trying to figure out what is this problem because I could be also having similar issues since I am getting a blue screen error bad_pool_header when I try to run ntbackup with shadow copy enabled. Did you find any useful links that is related to the Volume Shadow Copy Service? Thanks
Old 22-06-2009

Re: Volume Shadow Copy Service

I solved a similar problem simply by activating vss. Perhaps yours was also off by default.

to activate:
1. from My Computer, right click and pick "manage"

2. Pick "services and applications" and the "services"

3. scroll down until you find volume shadow copy

4. if it is disabled, double click and change to manual (manual worked for me --- i did not try auto)

After this, I had no problem.

McDuck

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,